Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Veteran's Day and More..

Last Friday, we celebrated Veteran's Day by going downtown Petaluma for the Vetaran's Day Parade. We were pretty worried it was going to rain, but by the time we left the house, the clouds looked like they were thinning out...ya we were wrong :) By the time we got down there and sat down, it started pouring rain!! From what we saw, the parade was great! Noah was very mesmerized by everything that was going on. He clapped through most of it and loved the planes and helicopters! We lasted about 15 minutes and then decided to go over to the Irish Pub (McGuires) to have lunch and stay dry.



He had "Fry Fingers", no joke, he was holding his fries between his fingers! haha

It has been a fun week developmentally for Noah. I really feel like is back to changing every day!
Signing
His signing is blowing me out of the water. I am just in awe of what he has learned in just a week. He is now signing "eat" along with "more". He definitely likes the sign "eat", I have been watching him do it ALL day! :) I just can't believe that he is getting so big and is able to communicate the way he is. This week, we are teaching him "water" mainly, and throwing in a few other signs when we can ("light", "drink", "milk").
Walking
On Tuesday, Greg finally got to see Noah take a couple steps. He is slowly getting there! For a while, Noah wouldn't let us walk around with him while holding his hands, but now he likes it. At Granny B and Grandad's house, we walked (with support) from the backyard all the way to the front door. 
Books
Noah is starting to be more interested in books. We started to leave books around the house so that he could easily get to them which has helped. Before, we just had them in a basket, now we leave them on a few tables and on the floor. He likes turning the pages and looking and touching the Touch and Feel Books. I am so glad his interest is increasing because I was getting a little worried!   

Photos this week (I still haven't gotten a picture of him standing!)

 He WAS standing, but I missed it of course!
LOVE My Little Baby <3
Saturday, we met up with friends at Lagunitas. Noah got this shirt from his Godfather Kevin, and his wife Liz. He got a lot of compliments on his shirt!!

Sunday, we went up to Santa Rosa and spent a few hours with Noah's cousins, Kennedy and Sophie

 
I know this is silly but this is Noah's first drawing haha.. I gave him a pen and paper, gave him a little direction, and this is what he did.

Last but certainly not least, the little things that excite me, Noah knows how to blow a whistle!!

Have a Nice Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment