Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

2 Month Check Up!

Bright and early this morning, Noah had his two month doctor's appointment! After reading all about what happens in this appointment and hearing what people say, it was hard going in just thinking it was just a regular checkup. Today was Noah's first vaccinations. Honestly, I was never really nervous until we got there. I always hear people say how they dread the 2 month appointment when the baby gets their first shots. Reading and hearing that it is usually harder on the parents more than the child, blah blah blah. My thought on it was that I was going to go in and think of it as not a big deal and he would be fine (and, lets be real, I will be fine). WRONG. As we stood in the room waiting for the nurse to come in to give him his shots, I started to get nervous. Was this really going to hurt him? Or was he going to be a champ and not even notice (HA)? As I entertained my little one, watching him smile from ear to ear, in walks the lovely nurse. As she gets ready to give him the shots, I entertain him as much as I can. My boy, still smiling and cooing, STICK, pause pause pause, WAAAAAAA!!! Holy crap (as I start to tear up)! STICK STICK His face turning redish-purple crying, almost forgetting to breath! Screaming Screaming. ALL DONE. I rush to pick my poor guy up to soothe him as much as I can. He stops crying and falls asleep. LOL what a stud. Oh what an experience! Hmm, I must say, I am kind of dreading the 4 month appointment when he has to get his next set of shots, but I'm sure he will impress me the way he did today.

Measurements
The medical assistant weighed Noah at a whopping 9 POUNDS 12 OUNCES! Woo! Measuring him at 21 inches (which we are pretty sure she's wrong) After she left the room, we measured him again and we got 22.5 inches! ;) The doctor came in and explained that he was "small" but that's probably because he was born small. May I complain for just a second? The word "small". UGHHH I am so sick of hearing that word. All through my pregnancy people said my belly was small small small and now she's telling me my baby is small?? I know he is perfectly healthy and I am so grateful for that, but the word "small" seriously makes me cringe! Well lets be real, he is "petite" but he was born "petite" so now I guess we just play catch up, or just go with the flow which sounds good to me. Noah is in the 15th Percentile for Head, Weight, and Height.

MOVING ON...

Yesterday, Noah and his future girlfriend met up at Starbucks. If you don't know, they have literally known each other since the day they were born. Only 10 minutes apart, shared a room, and their mom's have the same birthday!

In the Hospital...


Yesterday at Starbucks on their 8 Week Birthday!


SAY CHEESE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment