Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

2 Months Old!

Today Noah Turned 2 Months Old! He has been doing great! Starting to make more noises, discovering (a.k.a. eating) his hands, and lifting his neck a little bit more. Tummy time has been pretty tough for us, Noah isn't a big fan but we are working on it. I have been pretty anal these days making sure Noah is staying up to par with where he "should" be at. I just want to teach him everything and make sure I am doing everything right for him. Sometimes, I have that fear of failing. I am constantly looking up information online; developmental stages, when does he sleep through the night (ugh will he ever!!), when am I suppose to start putting him on a daytime routine, bedtime routines, etc. I am very confident in the mother that I am, but sometimes I just worry that I am missing something or not doing something right. I am constantly asking questions. My mind does not shut up. ;) Any advice?



On Saturday, Noah had his first Christmas Party. My Dad, Noah, and I took a trip to Alamo for this year's Jensen Christmas (Greg had to work, unfortunately). We had a great time. We got there before most people so Noah was not too overwhelmed with people...in the beginning. Everyone was so excited to see him, and were even able to hold him for a little bit! I did spend quite some time walking him around, away from the noise, but once he was asleep, I was able to talk to everyone and catch up! My dad even took Noah so I could go eat. Thanks Dad!

Noah in his Christmas Outfits :)



Wish Dad was with Us!!


With Grandpa!


On to the next Christmas Party!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I do have some advice, Noah is so young still all he needs is your love and milk!! I promise you will have plenty of time to stress about what he is doing but at 2 months you getting through the day (and night) is what you should focus on. You're doing an amazing job, he knows how loved he is and that's all he needs!!
    Ps- most babies hate tummy time! Try it for a few minutes a day and you're good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY agree with Jamie. Put the books down (or websites etc). It really helped me to focus on HIM, not the info. Your baby will let you know everything he is ready for, needing, wanting. I felt that when I put the books down and picked up my little guy to play, interact, and discover was when we both started doing so much better. YOU WON'T MISS ANYTHING. He will set the pace. I was so worried about all that too and once I stopped obsessing and started paying attention to his cues I noticed when HE was ready for things and it was much more affective than what the books said, because they're an "average". Well, Jack was ready for a lot before they said he should be and not ready for things it said he should be ready for. He's so young still, you're doing a fabulous job! Sorry for the novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no EXPERIENCED advice, but I'd say keep your confidence. You are so caring and loving that there is no way he will not turn out wonderful :)
    Also I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE his shirt and tie! So cute!

    ReplyDelete