Wow, this last week was pretty crazy. For about 2 weeks now, Noah has had a little cold and cough. All of last week, he was getting on and off fevers. On Monday, we took Noah to the doctors because he had a fever of 100.7 and thought he may have a slight case of conjunctivitis aka pink eye. On Tuesday, I came home from work and Greg had mentioned Noah felt hot. I picked him up and he was burning so I checked his temperature and he had a temperature of 103.8. All day he had been pretty cranky and sleeping a lot. I ended up taking him to the doctors. They checked his temperature and it had gone down to 100. I gave him tylenol just before the appointment so I was glad to see that helped. The Doctor thought it was kind of strange that he had been getting these fevers the past couple days and since he had the cold and cough the whole week before, she thought it was strange. So she tested him for a urinary tract infection (via catheter) and it was awful (for the both of us!). Needless to say, that doctors appointment was the one appointment I wish I wasn't alone! My poor little guy was so upset, it was pretty traumatizing. The "in-office" test came out with a "little" Urinary Infection but later was tested negative. On Wednesday, we took Noah back to the doctors and he got a chest x-ray to make sure he did not have Pneumonia. Those results came in negative and it all ended up being the flu. He was put on antibiotics and doing MUCH better!
Still Smiling While Sick...I was honestly surprised how happy Noah was for having all these fevers. He definitely had his moments but he's a pretty tough guy.

Liking the Mirror..
No comments:
Post a Comment