Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

15 Weeks..It's Time to Start BLOGGING!!





So I'm a litttttle late on starting this whole blog thing but its okay..here we go. Let me briefly explain this wonderful surprise. Let's be real, the day we found out I was pregnant was one of the scariest days of my life. "What are our parents going to think??" "Can we do this??" "Why is Greg jumping up for joy while I am in full blown tears?" (Little did I know, Greg was proposing to me in 2 weeks from that time). Let's just say, the pregnancy definitely shocked everyone but our families have been so supportive and loving that we cannot wait!! So here's how the explanation went with my parents: "Greg and I have decided to have our wedding in May of 2011 because....I'm pregnant." (Greg and I just stared at my dad wondering what he was going to say...) My Dad: "That's great! When can I tell everyone!". Oh how I love my dad! My mom jumped up and gave us a hug and kiss, ran to the fridge and pulled out the Sparkling Cider!



Our First Appointment:
Our first appointment was so exciting and made things so real! As I laid there looking at the screen with the love of my life next to me, there it was. There was not much to look at but this little ball. Greg asks: "Only one in there? The nurse practitioner responds "yes only one heartbeat." Ohh the sigh of relief in both our voices. We were even lucky enough to hear the heartbeat (not a lot of people get to hear the heartbeat at their first visit, so I'm told). Greg and I were glowing, I even went to work and people could tell how happy I was. It was all so surreal until that day. WE ARE HAVING A BABY!!

Our Second Appointment:

This appointment was even more exciting! It was so great, my mom came with us that time which was extremely special to me. I was so excited for her to see the baby for the first time. WOW what a difference a month made! The baby would not stop moving! You could see arms and legs! It was the best moment! Just flipping in circles and going crazy. Greg asks, "is this normal?" Doctor Dibble responds, "No not really". Greg says: "ADD child!" Haha. We cannot wait to meet this little one!





Ultrasound Appointment

Greg and I decided that when it comes to all the tests to take for pregnancy we should go for blood tests and ultrasound, no amnio (I don't really want a needle going near my baby). Just recently, Greg and I went to San Rafael to do the Ultrasound test. I swear, these appointments get more and more fun every time! I experienced for the first time the hot gooey stuff they put on your stomach. Oh the little things that excite me! haha. As the nurse and doctor are making measurements on the ultrasound, Greg and I are just in awe of our baby. The nurse could not stop saying that the baby was like a "bucking bronco"! Everything they were doing, great things were coming out of their mouths. "Oh this is great!" "This is textbook!" "Hold still baby" (haha) They even took pictures to save for their own portfolios. Greg and I felt really great after this appointment. We got close up picture of little Baby Busick which definitely brought a tear to my eye!

Our little Jelly Bean at 13 Weeks 4 Days!

8 comments:

  1. Yeeah for you! I'm so happy for you two and know you'll be great parents! Congrats, and I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog! So cute! Can't wait for the next one:) Miss you!!!!!
    ~Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving this!!! Even though I get to hear about it all from you it's so fun to read!! Yay for the little jelly bean!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree with jamie....hearing it twice is amazing :) words can't explain how happy i am for you. can't wait to meet the little peanut.
    i love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS!!! I am so excited for you guys!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Mommy and Daddy To Be ..you are going to be great parents...already can tell.... how you take care of each other and your love and respect for your baby. I am proud of you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Babe this is awesome. I love this because we can look back on this in 50 years (if computers are still the thing) and remember these great stressful times. You will be an amazing mother because you are an amazing person. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete