Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

18 Weeks!

Greg and I went to our appointment yesterday and it went great! We were able to hear the heartbeat and I can't explain to you the glow it put on our faces. Greg was ear to ear in smiles. The doctor kept saying everything was perfect so that's a good sign! She measured my belly and said I was good. Lately I have been very concerned about my weight gain. Before the appointment, I kept weighing myself at different places and it said I weigh less than before. I was starting get nervous because I was afraid the baby wasn't getting enough. (And I kept thinking about the ultrasound tech saying the baby was "skinny". But she said it so nonchalantly, I couldn't tell if that was a good thing or bad thing). When I talked with my mom, aunts, and grandma, they all said they only gained 15lbs on each child. It made me wonder if it was hereditary, but I've heard that not many doctors believe that. Plus, its still early and I am starting to get more and more hungry everyday!! Anywho, yesterday I weighed in and gained a pound. I asked the doctor if that was okay and she said I don't need to worry about weight gain, the baby will do all the work. So that definitely made me feel better! She still recommends I gain a total of 25lbs not 15lbs but that I should not stress about it. So I will keep up with what I am doing!

I am so excited to announce that we will be finding out the sex of the baby on May 10th!! We are pretty pumped! We hope that baby cooperates and lets us find out! ;)

After our appointment, Greg and I went to our first Giants game of the season! It just made us realize how excited we are to take Baby Busick to his/her first game! Greg made a great point, if the Giants make it to playoffs, then maybe Baby B won't have to wait until next season to take him/her to a game!

Here are some fun little Giants things I found online:

Found this at fastballfanatics.com

Think this will get him/her to be a fan?? Oh wait, they don't have a choice! ;)
Found this at babyfans.com


Found this at sportsfanfare.com

Found this at babysport.com
Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment