Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

26 Week Update..

Things are feeling very good. I feel so healthy and full of energy. I recently took my glucose screening test. For those of you who don't know, it is a test to check for gestational diabetes, a high blood sugar condition that some women get during pregnancy. The results came out a little high which means that now I need to go in to the lab and take another glucose test, only this one is 3 hours! The doctor said I need to fast from midnight until the test is over. I am suppose to get to the lab at 8am, get a blood sample, then drink this high sugar drink within 5 minutes. Then every 1st, 2nd, and 3rd hour I will be taking a blood sample. If 2 out of the 4 numbers are high, then it is gestational diabetes. But, I am staying pretty positive. My mom had to take the same test and she was fine. My result for the first glucose test was 142 and they recommend under 139. I'm thinking thats not too far off but what do I know! So, Friday will be the day and I will update you all when I find out the results.

MOVING ON, we heard Noah's heartbeat today and it was very strong! The doctor said that his heartbeat proves that the theory about a girl's heartbeat being faster than a boy's is wrong! My belly growth is right on track, as well as my weight gain. She said I missed the whole 1st trimester weight gain of 10lbs but that does not mean I need to catch up. As long as I have gained a pound a week since then I am good to go and that is exactly what I have been doing.

Well...until next time...Bachelorette Party this Weekend!!! I'm so excited!!!! Maybe some photos to follow... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment