Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Coming from dad!

Hello all you following blog people. This blog is not coming from Melissa. It is coming from her husband Greg. I have read every word my wife has put on here and I was thinking, why don't I write something from a dad’s point of view? So here we go. I want to start off by saying how amazing this short journey has been already. I am going to start from day one. I mean DAY ONE!!! So you all know how Melissa and I met and fell head over heels for each other (at least I did for her). We have had our ups and downs like any other relationship and grew together. I know how amazing of a girlfriend she was to now my amazing wife. Every day I can't believe how lucky I am. Melissa does more than I could ever ask for and not a single complaint comes out of her mouth. Okay maybe a couple. I knew Melissa was perfect for me when we first started dating and knew she was a great person. There are things you still don't know about a person until something happens like having a child. Melissa is not only an amazing wife but an amazing mother. Okay you are probably puking now. Sorry I just had to get that out. So now the DAD stuff. Noah has changed my world completely and for the way better. I know for a dad to be the long 9+ months (about 10 for us) is long but not much changes for us. I wasn't sick, I didn't get any weird food cravings, and I slept through the night (day here). I was never sick; I never felt a single kick inside my stomach. As a dad in the making you wonder more about bills and holy crap a child needs me. I need more money and bills and omg hospital visits which means $$ and then diapers, food, clothes, and we need $$. Okay, I was seriously worried more about money than what I should be doing in preparing for a child. I know a lot of women say, “Why can’t that jerk carry the child for a few days. It’s his fault.” To be honest I wish I could for a day. I'd probably then say, wow!! That was way too long and never again, but I wonder how that must feel. There’s an alien moving, kicking, and weird. So to any dads in the making just be supportive and say yes dear. haha The day I still can't explain. Birth was the most amazing thing ever. I know I was lucky because Melissa was a champ and just pushed Noah out in record time. She knows I don't do well in hospitals so she went extra fast for me. Noah comes out, doctor puts him on Melissa, and it all went so fast. I remember seeing a purple dark color little guy fly by me and then scissors were in my hands. It was all a blur. I cut the cord but I don't really remember what it even looked like. After that I was just amazed and star struck seeing Melissa smiling from ear to ear with a couple tears and the most beautiful crying baby. Holy crap that's mine! Seems like just a few hours later a nurse came in and said here’s the front door you need to leave. I am still amazed they didn’t even ask if we have a house to go to. Just, time to go you can leave and this nice elder lady will push the wheel chair. So home sweet home we go. Noah starts crying and we can't get him to stop in 5 minutes so I looked for the button to push. Oh yeah we are on our own now. As a parent you learn as you go. Won't be perfect but will try your best to be. Noah went from, I want boob, to I need to be burped, to change me, to I want the other boob. Yeah not much dad can do but change those wonderful diapers. What a fun job dad gets to start off with. I feel like I am finally needed in this picture and that is amazing. So I am trying to teach Noah how to crawl. I know he's just over 3 months but I figure once he can crawl then we can wrestle. I actually tried to wrestle with him but he was a little scared. Guess we'll wait. Noah does enjoy being on my lap and talking to me.

I still can't explain how great being a dad is. Noah can cry all day and be such a pain you just want to go for a walk but then he gives you a smile and you forget how a pain he was for the past four hours. He hasn’t been a pain for that long but you get my point. I wake up every afternoon and am so blessed. I not only have the most amazing wife but we also have a great kid. I love my family! For now, that's all I got because I don't think anyone is still reading this haha just kidding. I think I will add a blog once a month for the dads, soon-to-be dads and anyone thinking about being a dad. It's all worth it. One last video of us having fun. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment