Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Crib Transition Countdown!

First post of the New Year! Hope everyone had a great New Years! Greg and I were lucky enough to have Noah's Aunt and Uncle (John and Angi) watch Noah so we could spend some time with friends. It was a good New Years, but I missed my little guy. They said Noah was awesome, slept the whole time! Thanks John and Angi! (and Erec and Jenny, too!)

Okay down to business. Since Noah was born, our plan for him to go in his crib was at 3 months old. That day is creeping up very quickly. January 6th, we will be putting Noah in his own room, in his big crib! I do have mixed feelings about it. Since he is not sleeping through the night quite yet, how many times will I be getting out of bed? ha probably 5 as usual! Should I change his bedtime routine? Right now, I usually feed him in my bed and put him in his crib, now I must decide if I keep it that way or start feeding him in his room? I think I am leaning more towards doing everything in his room. But we'll see how it works! (Did I mention, as I write this Noah is NAPPING in his big crib right now!! He's been sleeping for a half hour so far! His usual naps last about 30 minutes, so things are looking up.) Anywho, my positive feelings about this crib change is that I know it is good for him and the earlier I transition him, the easier it will be (I hope!). I am not saying this will be easy, but maybe he will surprise me! Maybe this is the cure and he will sleep through the night. (Not getting my hopes up, but I believe in you Noah!!) Another positive thing about this transition..Greg and I will be able to move around in our little tiny room without bumping into Noah's giant bassinet! :) So...4 DAYS AND COUNTING!!

Question to you Mommies (and Daddies).. What's your opinion on the "crying it out method"? I'm thinking Noah is too young but I really don't know. I keep hearing how great it is and that it's a rough couple days but totally worth it. I've also heard the sooner the better. I'm worried that I won't be able to do it all by myself. As most you know, Greg works nights, and I may need the support (or him to hold me back from grabbing my baby and cuddling him!)

ONE MORE THING, I decided to join the Petaluma Mother's Club. I am pretty excited, but also nervous because I am pretty shy. Making new friends is not something I am too good at. Hopefully this will be completely different and be easier to make friends. I have heard nothing but good things about it from my sister-in-law, Angi. I really think it will be a lot of fun and really good for Noah (and me). I will be able to meet more mom's, Noah will make friends, and it is definitely better than sitting at home all the time! I told myself, if it doesn't work out, at least I tried! :) But i'm going in with a positive attitude.

Babbling Noah... =)


Oh ya, Noah turned on his side again this morning, I guess it wasn't a one time thing! Eee so fun!

3 comments:

  1. I personally think he is too young for cry it out. We did it at 6 mos for night time and 10 mos for nap (that was way too late on the nap) I think 6 mos is a good time. I remember I did it once at 4 mos and he was shaking so bad when I finally got him, it was definitely too early for Logan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posted a LONG novel and it disapeared :( Jack's doc said not to think about sleep training until well after 6 months. Right now you need to continue building his trust that you will respond when he needs something. He's not able to abuse crying at this point, he's just communicating when he needs something.

    YEAH big boy going into his own room. Jack made the move at 2 months because John had the flu and we didn't want Jack to get it. Everyone slept better after that, but I did miss him a lot. I always fed him in his room to send the message that I expect you to go right back to sleep after eating. Use that AMAZING chair in his nursery, the rocking will probably keep him sleepy too.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete